Blogs I ♥

Labels ♥

Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, June 3, 2012

Black Fantastix Forum Set Tutorial



*Click the tag for full view*


This tutorial was written by Brunette on June 3rd 2012.
 Any similarity to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.
Do not copy and paste my tutorials or claim as your own you may link to them for group challenges.

What you'll need:

You'll need a tube of choice I am using a gorgeous tube by Xketch which you can purchase at The PSP Project HERE.

Be sure to check out all the other great artists there!

Fonts of choice - I am using a pixel font for the copyright and Carpenter ICG for the name.
VanDerLee - Unplugged X - Interlace (but blinds in PSP will do the same effect)

Ready?
Let's get started!

Open up a 650x250 transparent canvas copy and paste your tube as a new layer. Resize it if you want. Duplicate it a few times arrange them to your liking along the canvas. Now I took my eraser tool and set it on Fuzz Soft setting and erased parts of the tube that overlapped one another, which blended it together. Merge these layers together.

Add a new layer and move it below the tube layer. Choose two colors from your tube and make a foreground/background gradient then flood fill this layer. Change the blend mode of the tube layer to Luminance L I also colorized the tube so it was gray.

Add another new layer make sure it is above the tube layer, flood fill it with the same gradient you did for the other layer and change the blend mode to screen.

This is where I added my plugin I used the default settings, if you do not have that plugin just play around with your blind settings under texture effects in the effects tab in PSP, find a setting you like.

Now we're going to do the borders. Go to the very bottom layer of your canvas it should be blank click it then  go to selections-modify-contract by 6 then invert add a new layer flood fill with a color of choice then add some noise if you like. Arrange this layer so its at the top of your layers. Repeat these steps but change the number you contract by to 3.

Now in your font add your name I also added some noise to it and used the color white, then add a drop shadow.

Here are the settings I used

H 2
V 2
Opacity 60
Blur 4
Color Black

Add your copyright and license number if applicable save as png or jpg whichever you prefer and we're done unless you do want to make the avatar too then keep reading!

Now for the avatar all I did was open up a new canvas 150x150 closed off the border layers and copyright layers on my banner then copy merged  and pasted it as a new layer on the 150x150 canvas. Arrange it to your liking even re-size it a little if you want. Then again go to the bottom layer then go to selections-modify-contract by 6 then invert add a new layer and flood fill with the same color as you did on the banner. Arrange this layer so its at the top of your layers. Repeat these steps but change the number you contract by to 3.

Of  course add your name or the first letter of your name it your full name won't fit then be sure to add your copyright info to your avatar as well.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it easy to follow.

I would LOVE to see your results to any tutorials that you do, you can email results to me or post them on my page on facebook if you have a facebook account.

1 comments:

kast03 said...

Thank you for taking the time to share this tutorial!

Facebook

My blinkies ♥

CT ♥

dfip6u
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Followers