Blogs I ♥

Labels ♥

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, May 5, 2011

Domestic Goddess





*Click the tag for a bigger view*

This tutorial was written by Brunette on May 5th 2011.
 Any similarity to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.
Do not copy and paste my tutorials or claim as your own you may link to them for group challenges.


You'll need a tube of choice I am using the gorgeous art of Tony Tzanoukakis. You can purchase his art for signature tags at PTE.

While you're there be sure to check out all the other GREAT artists there!

Fonts of choice - I used 2peas Oatmeal Cookie for the name and a pixel font for the copyright.

 Spring Clean'n Template by Dee of Dees'Sign Depot here.

Thanks so much!

Mask of Choice
 
Eye Candy 4000 - Gradient Glow

A kit of choice I am using a awesome  kit called Domestic Goddess by Designs by Sarah over at Pimp my tags with Scraps you can get it here.

While you're there why not check out all their awesome stuff!

Ready?

Let's get started!

Open up the template shift + D duplicates the whole thing then close out the original.

On the blue rectangle layer selections-select all-float-defloat open up a paper of choice I used paper 4 from the kit. Copy and paste it as a new layer then go to selections-invert and hit delete. Select none and close off the original rectangle layer.

On the Taupe rectangle layer selections-select all-float-defloat open up another paper of choice I used paper 2 from the kit. Copy and paste it as a new layer then go to selections-invert and hit delete. Select none and close off the original taupe rectangle layer.

This is the layer I copied and pasted frame 1 from the kit re-sized it a little and fit it around the rectangle best as I could to make it looks somewhat stitched there.

On the large blue circle layer selections-select all-float-defloat add a new layer and flood fill with a color from your tube I chose red. Select none and close off the original blue circle layer.
On the taupe circle layer selections-select all-float-defloat add a new layer and flood fill with another color from your tube I chose blue. Select none and close off the original taupe circle layer.

On the small blue circle layer selections-select all-float-defloat open up  a paper of choice I used paper 10 from the kit. Copy and paste it as a new layer then go to selections-invert and hit delete. DO NOT deselect yet open up your tube mine come with a close up so I used that copy and paste it as a new layer I mirrored mine first then hit delete again. Now you can select none and close off the original small blue circle layer. Chang the blend mode of the tube layer to soft light.

On the red circle layer selections-select all-float-defloat add a new layer and flood fill with a color from your tube I chose red again. Select none and close off the original red circle layer.

On the white circle layer selections-select all-float-defloat open up a paper of choice again I used paper 12 from the kit. Copy and paste it as a new layer then go to selections -invert and hit delete. Select none and close off the original white circle layer.

I copied and pasted the bucket, gloves and sponge down on the bottom left of the tag re-sizing them so they fit nicely. I also used the washer and banner element. I placed the banner element from one corner of one rectangle to the other, you have to re-size it a bit to get it that way. The washer I placed it behind the wordart and of course re-sized it a little.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer I put mine so it looked like she was sort of leaning on the washer but that would depend on which tube YOU use.

Using a paper of choice I chose the yellow one I used earlier copy and paste it as a new layer but move it all the way to the bottom of the layer pallette then add your mask and merge group. I re-sized it a little and moved it where you could see it at the top and left side a little bit then duplicated it flipped, mirrored it and arranged it at the bottom right of the tag. I did the same thing with the beads 2 element.

Add a gradient glow and a drop shadow to the word-art layer settings are the same as my screen-shots for your name so just use those settings.

Add your name in a font of choice then add a gradient glow and drop shadow my settings shown below.

Finally add your copyright and license number if applicable save as png or jpeg whichever you prefer and we're done!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it easy to follow.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this taggie! thank you so much for using my kit!

Facebook

My blinkies ♥

Forums ♥

CT ♥

0

Followers